No Trespassing































For this week's project, I wanted to tackle the theme of landscape, to go along with the reading we did. However, my immediate surroundings are quite different from the towering grandeur of Yosemite or the Grand Canyon. I figured then, that the Ansel Adams approach of displaying pure, "untrammeled" landscape in a "great Earth gesture" would not work very well. Instead, I decided to go for an approach more focused on the integration of wilderness and nature into the fabric of our increasingly artificial human landscape.

To me, the "landscape" genre calls to mind some sense of wilderness. However, it does not necessitate an exotic climate or towering mountains to achieve. Some elements of wilderness are around us even in suburban and semi-urbanized areas: the grass, the trees, insects etc. While walking through my neighborhood, I attempted to display the push and pull between man and wilderness in these areas: our corruption of it, its corruption of us, and the inextricable bond we continue to share.




Comments

  1. Crazy Daniel Johnston billboard placement.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lwhz8AGtsAA

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts